Here are your Fresh Finds for this week:
1. Landmine Deadlift. This exercise can be tuned to your liking. If you don’t have the bar or a similar way to create leverage, trade it out for a kettlebell, dumbbell, or another form of resistance. Watch this video for a great demonstration of the movement.
2. The Best Marinated Skirt Steak Fajitas We’ve Ever Had. Some meals stick with you more than others. This is certainly one that hangs around. While we prefer it with skirt steak, flank steak, or similar cuts of beef, you can trade this one out for pork cuts too.
- Marinade for a 2-pound skirt steak:
- ½ Cup olive oil
- ⅓ Cup soy sauce
- ⅓ Cup honey or brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Teaspoons black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- Whisk marinade together, coat the skirt steak in a ziploc bag, marinate for 4-8 hours, and cook up on the grill, BGE, or cast-iron skillet.
- Instead, ask:
- “What is the larger purpose here? What are we trying to measure, and how? Are we optimizing and improving the most important things?”
- If you’re in a hurry, skip to 2 minutes on this video (3.5 min. total)
- Hacking your way to optimal sleep with light and temperature. (12 min. total)
If you enjoyed this Fresh Finds newsletter, please let us know and share with others. We will be back next week with an all new list.
The D1 Lab Team
To share with a link:
To sign up, follow the link above and fill out the newsletter form at the bottom of the page.