Here are your Fresh Finds for this week:
- The Psoas Release. A tight psoas/hip flexor can lead to a host of issues, including breathing issues (chest breathing vs. diaphragmatic), back pain, and structural imbalances. Check out this video for a great way to actively release the psoas.
- Adding a perfect crust to those roasted potatoes. The versatility of potatoes makes them a virtual constant on our plates. Putting them down gets a whole lot easier when they’ve got the perfect balance between soft/crunchy. Benefits of potatoes: Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese, phenolic acids, antioxidants. This video breaks it down.
- David Goggins on creating the best you. “If you want to master the mind and remove your governor, you’ll have to become addicted to hard work. Because passion and obsession, even talent, are only useful tools if you have the work ethic to back them up.”
- Source: David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me: Master the Mind and Defy the Odds.
- Double your body’s output with a 3 minute breathing exercise. Based on tummo, an ancient breathing technique used by himalayan monks to create body heat, the Wim Hof method has shed light on the importance of proper breathing. By saturating your body with oxygen, you will be able to experience record breath holds, pushup numbers, and more. Wim breaks the technique down in this short video.
If you enjoyed this Fresh Finds newsletter, please let us know and share with others. We will be back next week with an all new list.
The D1 Lab Team
To share with a link:
To sign up, fill out the form at the bottom of the page.